A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Silk stockings

It's not easy to find good silk stockings here on the south of Tenerife.
There is one shop here in Los Cristianos where you can find nice ones, but they run out of them very quickly and then it can take months before they order new ones. Why they can't keep good stockings on the shelf all the time is something I don't understand. Last time I had to go to San Isidro to buy them.
Yesterday I visited the shop and they had got in a new shipment for the summer and I took the chance and bought all that were my size. Both brown ones and black ones. The shelf started looking empty again.
Sorry ladies! I know I was egoistic and if I am honest I feel a little bit guilty. But I also feel happy when I look at them, because now I know I will be provided until the autumn at least. I can have a wonderful summer without worries about running out of silk stockings. To stand on the stage in short skirts without having silk stockings would be like a nightmare.
The only problem right now is where am I going to store them. There is no room in the drawers and the wardrobes are already overfilled. They are still piled up on the ironing boarder waiting to get an own space.
Clas told me to go and get a big box for them. Maybe a good idea, but where can I store the box?
If somebody gets really desperate I can think about being kind and sell a pair or two as long as I still have got many left. *smile*

No comments: