A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A daring taxi driver




















I went to James by taxi today. The saloon is in Las Americas.
The taxi driver was a daring woman, maybe about 30 years old.
As soon as I jumped into the car she made a flying start and pushed the button so that all the windows went down.
Then she grabbed a big apple and started wolfing it down. Yes! Really wolfing! You could without problem hear every chew and bite!
When we got to the big roundabout in Los Cristianos a man on a moped drove up by the side of the car. She knew the man and got so excited that she almost climbed out through the window hanging with half the body on the outside screaming to him and offering him the core of the apple.
I smiled and thought; This is Spain!
We passed the roundabout and on the road between Cristianos and Las Americas she stepped the accelerator and my hair stood up all around the head and even went into the mouth because of the draught. I tried to keep the hair under control but when it didn't help I finally had to ask her to close the windows.
Then when we came to Las Americas she saw an other man on the street and again she crawled out through the window and started shouting at him. The man on the street turned around and then she saw it wasn't the man she thought. Now she started laughing hysterically. Good luck it was almost outside the Patch where James is and I could tell her to stop. I am sure she didn't see where she was driving when she was laughing so hysterically. I couldn't do anything else than start laughing myself.

No comments: