A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Stockholm

Lucky James! He is leaving for Sweden tonight and will visit Stockholm for three days during his journey. I wish I got room in his suitcase!
I like Stockholm! It's one of my favorite shopping towns.
First when we moved down to Tenerife I continued working for eight months on a ferry of Silja Line, which went between Stockholm and Turku, Finland. I flew every month, one day too early, up to Stockholm to be sure I will be there in time to get on board.
The plane landed about 10 o'clock in the evening and I stayed in a hotel over the night. The next day I went out shopping in the town when I didn't have to go on board before 7 pm. Oh, it was such a lovely time! Every month a shopping day in Stockholm! To get to Drottninggatan was almost like coming home! Oh how I miss it now when I think about it! Lucky James!

No comments: