A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Monday, September 07, 2009

My Mp3 player


My Mp3 player has got about 50 different songs right now.
The most of them are songs that I will start sing in the nights.
About 60 % is country music, but I also listen to some pop music.

My favorites right now are:

- Viva La Vida - Coldplay
- Turn me loose - Young Divas
- When love takes over - David Guetta feat Kelly Rowland
- Always - Aysel and Arash (Azerbaijan Eurovision song contest)
- I told you so - Carrie Underwood

It's only one country song on my 5-top list and that is "I told you so".
I think you can count it to be a country song when it has got a lot of steel guitar in it.

I had one more song that I liked very much, but I took it away after I read the lyrics.
It was Jai-Ho.
Oh, how I liked that song and I thought I will start singing it when it also is a famous line dance.
The drum sound almost made me spellbound!
Later when I went on the internet to get the lyrics I figured out it was like a worship song to a Hindu god or something.

Some of the lyrics goes like this;

(Jai Ho) You are the reason that I breathe,
(Jai Ho) You are the reason that I still believe,
(Jai Ho) You are my destiny (my destiny),
Jai Oh! Oh-oh-oh-oh! ...

Catch me, catch me, catch me, c'mon, catch me,
I want you now,
I know you can save me, you can save me,
I need you now.

I am yours forever, yes, forever,
I will follow,
Anywhere in anyway,
Never gonna let go.
Jai Ho ...etc.


Now I wonder if Jai Ho is a Hindu god?
Who is Jai Ho? Anybody knows?

I will not start singing the song anyhow to be sure that I don't dedicate my soul to a god I don't know.
In the spiritual world you dedicate your soul to a god or spirit by confessing it with your mouth and intending it by your heart.
I many times put my heart into what I sing and to sing words like this could bring me in a wrong direction so that I miss out the heaven where I would like to spend the eternity.
For me there is only one God!
I have deleted the song from my Mp3 player now.

Maybe somebody think that I am superstitious, but the thing is that I believe in The Father , The Son and The Holy Spirit and because of that it feels wrong in my heart to have songs that worship other gods.
He,he! Call me stupid or religious if you want! It doesn't matter!
I don't condemn you if you like the song and listen to it...
But, I agree that the song in itself is very nice and powerful.
If the name, as an example, would have been INRI (The King of the Jews) it would have felt better.

No comments: