A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas Glögg



It's unbelievable that the Christmas is drawing close when we have sunny weather in the days and a temperature of about +25 degrees.
The autumn has been very warm this year and for me it feels like we are still in September or October.
However I had my first Christmas Glögg tonight, when we got home from work, and when you start drinking glögg the Christmas feelings will soon start circulating.

Glögg is a popular hot drink, in the Nordic countries, during the Christmas season.
It's, among other things, made of sugar or syrup, spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves etc. and some people top it with vodka or red wine.
I had a little of red wine in mine tonight but the most times I drink it as a non-alcohol drink.
The drink is served with raisins and blanched almonds.
Some people like to have gingerbread, with a slice of blue cheese on, with it. That's very delicious and I had it that way tonight.
Here on Tenerife you can buy glögg from Ikea in La Laguna, Sta Cruz.

We are off again tomorrow and I will be busy cleaning the apartment.

Annas pepparkaka.
A Swedish ginger bread.
Also from Ikea.

.

No comments: