A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Datiles Con Bacon

.
Dates inside bacon, is a typical snack among the Canarians

Brito has surprised me again;
This are my favorites now. I just love them!
You can have them warm or cold.
You can have them for breakfast, as a snack in the afternoon or as a tapas in the night.
I recommend you to try them.

Recipe:

20 dates from Palm tree
a package of bacon (20 slices)

Take out the seeds that are inside the fruits.
Roll a slice of bacon around every date fruit.
Lock the roll with a toothpick. Put them in a gratin dish and bake for
10 minutes in 225 C (425 F).
Enjoy.


(I don't know if you can buy the right dates in every shop, but we have bought ours at the Carolina shop here in Los Cristianos. They sell them there at the bread desk.

Ready.

The dates you buy in the shop look like this.


.

No comments: